DMCU Scholarship Program
Helping to Provide a Pathway to Higher Education
DMCU is fortunate to help raise money for charity and give back to the communities we serve. Now, we want to take it a step further and provide our members with assistance in their pursuit of higher education. We are offering three scholarships of $2,500 to eligible members*. See eligibility requirements below.
NOTE: The deadline for 2016 DMCU Scholarship Program applications was 6/30/16. Please note that all information regarding the scholarship program pertains to the now expired 2016 program and that rules, eligibility requirements, deciding factors, etc. may be updated or changed moving forward. Please check back for details early 2017.
- Must be a DMCU member.
- Must have accounts in good standing.
- Must be attending university, college, or trade school in the fall of 2016.
Requirements and Supporting Documents
- Compose an essay of 500 words or more describing your involvment in the community, school, family, and your future aspirations. Be sure to include why you think credit unions are important to the community.
- Provide two formal letters of recommendation from someone other than a family member (one must be from a teacher or supervisor).
- Provide official high school transcripts.
- Provide college, university, or trade school acceptance letter and course schedule.
- Grade point average.
- Extracurricular involvment in school, community, religious, and other recognizable organizations.
- Employment history.
- Content of written essay.
- 6/30/16 at 5:00 pm.
Applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by Thursday, June 30, 2016 by 5:00 pm. Scholarship funds to be disbursed by Monday, August 1, 2016. The check will be made payable to the school.
To apply, please download the application form here.
Mail all documents to:
ATTN: Dennis Mollner
DMCU Detroit Main Office
1480 E. Jefferson Avenue
Detroit, MI 48207
Detroit Main Office | 313.568.5000
CAYMC | 313.202.9388
Novi | 248.277.3628
Clawson | 248.435.0950
Routing Number 272078297 | Copyright Ⓒ 2017 Diversified Members Credit UnionPrivacy and Disclosure