DMCU Scholarship Program
Please note that the application period for the 2018 DMCU Scholarship Program has ended. Please check back in April 2019 for new scholarship opportunities.
Helping to Provide a Pathway to Higher Education
At DMCU, we are committed to the financial, physical, and educational wellness of our members. This is why we are taking the extra step to provide our members with assistance in their pursuit of higher education. We are offering four scholarships of $2,000 to eligible members*. See eligibility requirements below.
- Must be a DMCU member.
- All DMCU accounts must be in good standing.
- Must be attending university, college, or trade school in the fall of 2018 in the United States of America.
Requirements and Supporting Documents
- Compose an essay of 500 words or more describing your involvement in the community, school, family, and your future aspirations. Be sure to include why you think credit unions are important to their communities.
- Provide two formal letters of recommendation from someone other than a family member (one must be from a teacher or supervisor).
- Provide official current high school, college, university or trade school transcripts.
- Provide college, university, or trade school acceptance letter and course schedule.
- Grade point average.
- Extracurricular involvement in school, community, religious, and other recognizable organizations.
- Employment history.
- Content of written essay must discuss the importance of credit unions.
- 6/30/18 at 1 p.m.
Applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by Saturday, June 30, 2018 by 1 p.m. Scholarship funds to be disbursed by Wednesday, August 1, 2018. The check will be made payable to the school.
Mail completed application and supporting documents to:
Attn: Susan Shanley
Detroit Main Office, Diversified Members Credit Union
1480 E. Jefferson Avenue
Detroit, MI 48207