DMCU Scholarship Program
Helping to Provide a Pathway to Higher Education
The application for 2017 Scholarships has closed as of June 30, 2017. Please check back next spring to apply for 2018.
DMCU is fortunate to help raise money for charity and give back to the communities we serve. Now, we want to take it a step further and provide our members with assistance in their pursuit of higher education. We are offering seven scholarships of $1,000 to eligible members*. See eligibility requirements below.
- Must be a DMCU member.
- Must have accounts in good standing.
- Must be attending university, college, or trade school in the fall of 2017.
Requirements and Supporting Documents
- Compose an essay of 500 words or more describing your involvment in the community, school, family, and your future aspirations. Be sure to include why you think credit unions are important to the community.
- Provide two formal letters of recommendation from someone other than a family member (one must be from a teacher or supervisor).
- Provide official current high school, college, university or trade school transcripts.
- Provide college, university, or trade school acceptance letter and course schedule.
- Grade point average.
- Extracurricular involvment in school, community, religious, and other recognizable organizations.
- Employment history.
- Content of written essay, must discuss the importance of credit unions.
- 6/30/17 at 6:00 pm.
Applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by Friday, June 30, 2017 by 6:00 pm. Scholarship funds to be disbursed by Tuesday, August 1, 2017. The check will be made payable to the school.
To apply, please download the application form here.
Mail all documents to:
ATTN: Russ Kotila
DMCU Detroit Main Office
1480 E. Jefferson Avenue
Detroit, MI 48207
Detroit Main Office | 313.568.5000
CAYMC | 313.202.9388
Novi | 248.277.3628
Clawson | 248.435.0950
Official Credit Union of the Detroit Lions
Routing Number 272078297 | Copyright Ⓒ 2017 Diversified Members Credit UnionPrivacy and Disclosure