Diversified Members Credit Union is owned by its members and run by a Board of Directors elected by its members. We want you to know that the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information is a top priority. We are required by law to provide you with this notice in order to inform and explain to you our policy on how we collect, use, and safeguard your personal financial information. If you have any questions about this disclosure or what it says, please contact a member service representative
It’s ME 24/7 Online Banking Use Agreement (Revised 1/27/2010):
Authorization to Receive Electronic Statements and Other Disclosures
1. The It’s Me 247 online banking system (hereinafter called the SYSTEM), is provided as a service of the Diversified Members Credit Union (the “CREDIT UNION”) and permits access to your account information and, upon request, allows account transactions to be conducted. By accessing the SYSTEM, you are verifying that you are the account holder or you have full legal authority granted by the account holder to obtain information and conduct transactions. Reference to “computer” in this Agreement shall mean any electronic and/or digital device that provides web browser capabilities, including personal computer, laptop, personal digital assistant, and mobile and/or smartphone compatible with the SYSTEM.
2. The CREDIT UNION has provided an Account Number and initial password which are required in order to permit access through the SYSTEM. The first time you login to Online Banking, you will be required to change this initial password. You authorize the CREDIT UNION to follow any instructions entered through the online banking SYSTEM using your password. You agree that you are responsible to make sure that the Account Number and password are maintained in a secure manner and not disclosed to any person who is not authorized to obtain account information or conduct transactions on your account.
3. If you use any method of storing the Account Number and password on your computer, you agree that you are solely responsible for any access obtained to account information or any transactions conducted on any account. If you have reason to believe that the Account Number or password have been disclosed to or obtained by any unauthorized person, you agree to immediately notify the CREDIT UNION.
4. When connected to or using the SYSTEM, you agree to ensure that no unauthorized persons have access to your computer. If you fail to maintain direct control and supervision over your computer or otherwise fail to ensure that no unauthorized persons have access to your computer when connected to or using the SYSTEM, you agree that any use of the SYSTEM utilizing your password is not unauthorized use, and the CREDIT UNION and any other companies or entities involved in the design, development or operation of the SYSTEM are not responsible for any loss, expense, injury, cost or damage resulting from any access obtained to account information or any transactions conducted on any account, to the extent permitted by law.
5. The CREDIT UNION may provide documents which are delivered to you electronically. These electronic documents are accessible when you login to the online banking SYSTEM. You agree to receive these documents, and any disclosures to which you are entitled under Federal Reserve Board Regulations B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), E (Electronic Fund Transfers Act), M (Consumer Leasing Act), Z (Truth in Lending Act), and CC (Expedited Funds Availability Act); the National Credit Union Administration Truth in Savings Regulation, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and any other applicable state or federal regulation or statute, including but not necessarily limited to your monthly credit union account statement, electronically, through your access to this system.
6. You understand and acknowledge that you presently have the right to receive such disclosures in paper form, and that you may revoke the authorization given in Section 5 at any time by providing the Credit Union with written notice of such revocation, at which time you will again be entitled to receive such disclosures in paper form. Whether you send such notice of revocation by paper or electronic means, the effective date of your revocation will be no more than 30 days from the day such notice is acknowledged as received by the credit union.
7. The technical requirements to assure that you have the ability to access and retain your E-Statements and other electronic disclosures are described in this section. You must have Internet access and a valid email account and address. You must request access to the online banking SYSTEM through the CREDIT UNION. Your computer must have installed browser software which utilizes appropriate security protections. If you fail to use current, supported browser software, the CREDIT UNION and any other entities involved in the design, development or operation of the SYSTEM are not responsible for any loss, expense, injury, cost or damage resulting from any access obtained to account information or any transaction conducted on any account. For E-Statements and other electronic documents, you must have access to a printer or the ability to download information in order to keep copies of electronic documents for your records.
8. You understand and agree that you must notify the credit union if your email address changes by providing the CREDIT UNION with written or electronic notice of any such change in address, and that the effective date of this new email address will be no more than 30 days from the day such notice is acknowledged as received by the credit union. You hereby hold the CREDIT UNION harmless in the event that you have not received any required statement or other notice as a result of your failure to notify the credit union of a change in your email address.
9. You understand and agree that even though you have agreed to receive disclosures electronically, you may contact the CREDIT UNION by email or telephone to request that the CREDIT UNION send a paper copy of a disclosure that has already been sent electronically, and that the CREDIT UNION may charge a fee for that service, which fee will be separately disclosed. You agree that such fee can be deducted by the CREDIT UNION from any account you own at the CREDIT UNION.
10. By accepting this Agreement, you acknowledge that you have read the terms of this Agreement and that you agree to be bound by these terms. When you enroll in the E-Statement service, you consent to receive your periodic account statements and other disclosures electronically. If your CREDIT UNION account is owned jointly with another person(s), any one of you may consent to receive E-Statements and electronic disclosures, including eNotices. Further, you understand that by accepting this Agreement, the current date will be logged as part of your account records and the SYSTEM services will be activated for your account.
Information We Collect and Disclose About You:
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us or others;
- Information from a consumer reporting agency;
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on applications or other forms.
We may disclose the information we collect, as described previously, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other vendors with whom we have joint marketing agreements. To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of the information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the member information we provide.
In order to conduct the business of the credit union, we may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under other circumstances as permitted or required by law.
If you terminate your membership with us, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information:
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy.
If you have questions concerning this notice, please do not hesitate to call us – we are here to serve you.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act:
Diversified Member’s Credit Union (DMCU) recognizes that protecting youth members, young consumers and children’s identities and online privacy is important. We encourage you to be involved with your child’s online usage and to be aware of the activities in which they are participating.
Currently, DMCU does not collect personal information from children under 13 years old via our website. We ask you to check back regularly to see what our latest policies are, particularly those relating to children.
DMCU provides links from our site as a service and is not responsible for the content or accuracy of the information provided on these third party sites. Please be aware that other web sites may obtain or use information about you differently than us. We recommend that you read the privacy policies of any web site you visit before using their services.
In the future, if Diversified Members Credit Union decides to collect information from your child who is under 13 years old through our website, we will request your authorization first, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. If you have questions concerning the privacy of your child’s personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 313.568.5000 or write to us at Diversified Members Credit Union, Attn. Compliance Officer, 1480 E. Jefferson Avenue, Detroit, MI 48207.
Detroit Main Office | 313.568.5000
CAYMC | 313.202.9388
Novi | 248.277.3628
Clawson | 248.435.0950
Routing Number 272078297 | Copyright Ⓒ 2017 Diversified Members Credit UnionPrivacy and Disclosure