Identity Protection Awareness
Identity theft and consumer fraud can happen in an instant, so it is important to protect yourself. Learn about simple tips and tools you can use to reduce your risk of identity theft and protect your financially sensitive information. How to respond to identity theft and protect your financially sensitive information.
Fraud & Scams
As we face a world trying to recover from a pandemic, scammers are out in full force taking advantage of the most vulnerable. We need to stay on guard, stay alert, informed, and protect ourselves. There are multiple types of scams, to learn how to protect yourself from these scammers, please click here to learn more.
Common Fraud & Scams
- Banking Scams
- Government Grant Scams
- Lottery & Sweepstakes Scams
- Pyramid Scheme Scams
- Ticket Scams
- Telephone Scams
- Census-Related Fraud Scams
- Investment Scams
- Charity Scams
- Ponzi Schemes
As we are trying to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, scammers have been out in full force. The FTC (Federal Trade Commission) has helpful tips to bring awareness on ways to avoid these scammers, please click here to learn more.
Types of scams to watch out for:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Scams
- COVID-19 Cure, Air Filters, and Testing Scams
- Fake Coronavirus-Related Charity Scams
- "Person in Need" Scams
- "Scams Targeting Social Security Benefits
- COVID-19 Government Imposter Scams
- Unemployment Benefits Scams
Health care fraud affects individuals, a group of people, or a company that misrepresents or misstates something medically or services provided, such as payments being made.
Examples of health care fraud include:
- Falsifying Documents and Billing for Services That are not Medically Necessary
- Billing for Services Seperately, That Should be Included in One Service Fee
- Falsifying Plans of Treatment or Medical Records
- Faking Diagnoses or Procedures to Maximize Payments
- Faking Charges or Entitlements to Payments in Cost Reports
Reporting Identity Theft
If you are or have been a victim of identity theft and need help reporting and starting your recovery plan, click the button below to start your recovery process.
Ultimate ID with Benefits Plus Ultimate
$7.95 per month.
Ultimate ID, a powerful new identity theft solutions program. Exclusive member benefits include:
- 3-Bureau Daily Credit Monitoring
- Internet Monitoring
- Credential Vault
- Instant Inquiry Alert
- Score Tracker
- Access to 3G Fully Managed Identity Fraud Research, Remediation, and Recovery Services
- Lost Document Replacement Services
*An activation code is required to access ULTIMATE ID . Activation code will be sent to the email address on file. Credit Monitoring and ULTIMATE ID program does not begin until you have successfully validated your Identity to complete the activation process. Certain restrictions and limitations apply. Visit www.ultimateID.merchantsinfo.com for complete Terms and Conditions and program eligibility. Please refer to your summary of benefits for program specific information.
** Always remember, DMCU will never call you and ask for verifying information such as PINs, account numbers, credit card information, etc... If you receive a call requesting account information - even if it appears to be from a Diversified Members Credit Union phone number - please end the call immediately and contact us at 313.568.5000.**