Last-minute plans and need some extra cash? You can skip a monthly loan payment instead of rolling quarters or dumping your jar of change into a kiosk.
- Your account must be in good standing. This means all loans and account balances must be current and in good standing when the skip a pay request is received by the credit union. (Account would be ineligible only if courtesy pay is over 30 days delinquent and/or is over the approved limit.) .
- All eligible accounts must be opened (3) months prior to Skip-A-Pay being processed.
- Limit (2) Skip-A-Pays per 12-month period and skipped payments cannot take place in consecutive months.
- Skip-A-Pay can be done online or in-person. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Real estate loans and lines of credit are not eligible for this offer.
- Limit (8) skip a pays per life of any specific loan.
- There will be a $40 skip a pay application fee per loan and a $20 skip pay application fee per Credit Card. If you choose to have the application fee deducted from your credit union account, the funds must be available for withdrawal. Reversals/refunds will not be accepted once processed.
- For members who have ACH or AFT and wish to skip their loan payment, you must make your request at least 3 business days prior to the payment due date. Failure to meet the 3-day requirement could result in having to wait until your next due date to skip your payment.
IMPORTANT: If you have a recurring payment through LoanPay Xpress or SWBC/BaconPay you will need to modify your recurring payment options so that your loan payment can be skipped. Once skipped, you will need to reinstate your recurring payment.
For more questions, please call 313.568.5000.
By completing a Skip-A-Payment you are requesting Diversified Members Credit Union to advance the loan due date equal to one month’s payment. You understand that the current balance of the loan is extended by the amount of the payment skipped and that interest will continue to accrue on your loan balance throughout the deferred payment period, which may further extend the term of your loan. If there is more than one borrower on a loan, only one borrower is required to authorize a Skip-A-Payment request.