Last-minute plans and need some extra cash? You can skip a monthly loan payment instead of rolling quarters or dumping your jar of change into a kiosk.
- Your account must be in good standing. This means all loans and account balances must be current and in good standing when the Skip-A-Pay request is received by the credit union. (Account would be ineligible only if courtesy pay is over 30 days delinquent and/or is over the approved limit).
- Auto loan must be open for a minimum of (9) months prior to skipping loan payment. All other eligible loans must be open for (6) months prior to skipping.
- Limit (2) skip pays per calendar year and skipped payments cannot take place in consecutive months.
- Skip-A-Pay can be done online or in-person. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Real estate, lines of credit, and credit card loans are not eligible for this offer.
- Limit (8) skip pays per life of any specific loan.
- There is a $40 skip pay application fee per loan. If you choose to have the application fee deducted from your credit union account, the funds must be available for withdrawal.
- For members who have ACH or AFT and wish to skip their loan payment, you must make your request at least 3 business days prior to the payment due date. Failure to meet the 3-day requirement could result in having to wait until your next due date to skip your payment.
For more questions, please call 313.568.5000.
By completing a Skip-A-Payment you are requesting Diversified Members Credit Union to advance the loan due date equal to one month’s payment. You understand that the current balance of the loan is extended by the amount of the payment skipped and that interest will continue to accrue on your loan balance throughout the deferred payment period, which may further extend the term of your loan. If there is more than one borrower on a loan, only one borrower is required to authorize a Skip-A-Payment request.